The TCC Library subcribes to information resources called databases that provide students, faculty, and staff electronic access to journals, newspapers, magazines, books, and media that cannot be found for free on the Internet.
Each database is different. Some databases are. . .
- subject-specific (include articles related to one field, such as education or medicine)
- general (include articles from a variety of research fields and interdisciplinary publications)
- scholarly (limited to academic, research-based journals)
- popular (include magazines, newspapers, and other non-academic resources)
- full-text (link to electronic versions of the entire article that may have originally appeared in a print publication)
- citation only (link to citation information and maybe a paragraph summary of the article, known as an abstract)