TCCWAVE: Tidewater Community College provides wireless access to students and faculty in a variety of locations throughout the college. TCC’s wireless network is intended for academic purposes and students are responsible for complying with VCCS policies and guidelines regarding computers and information technology.
- Right click on “My Network Places” and select properties.
- In the Network Connections window double-click “Wireless Network Connection”.
- In the Wireless Network Connection window you should see TCCWAVE on the right hand side under “Choose a wireless network”.
- Click once on TCCWAVE to highlight it, and then click “Connect”.
- You will see a dialog box come up as Windows attempts to connect to the wireless network.
- When the dialog box closes it should say connected next to TCCWAVE in the Wireless Network Connection window.
- Click the X in the upper right hand corner of the Wireless Network Connection window to close it. This will not disable your connection to the wireless network.
- To use your Network Connection double-click Internet Explorer.
- Verify connection to the Internet by going to the college website at www.tcc.edu/
- When done, simply shut down your laptop. It is not necessary to disconnect from the network.