- TCC Library Use Policy applies to study rooms. Private businesses may not reserve study rooms or use State-owned technology (computers, Wi-Fi, printers) within the JUL.
- Study rooms must be reserved using the reservation system prior to use and can be reserved 7 days in advance.
- To reserve a study room, patrons must have a valid TCC or VBPL library card. A photo ID may be requested at time of check out. Patrons must be at least 16 years old to reserve a study room. Adults can reserve rooms for those younger than 16 and must be present in the building during the entire reservation period. An adult must be present in the room with children under the age of 12 at all times.
- Library staff are unable to provide information about a specific study room reservation except to the person who made the reservation. This information is confidential and protected by library policy.
- Patrons must reserve study rooms under their own names and with a single email address.
- One room can be reserved by 30-minute blocks with a maximum of 8 blocks (4 hours) per person, per day allowed.
- The smallest room available to meet patron needs should be booked. Occupancy cannot exceed room seating. More information about room size and layouts can be found on the reservation system.
- Due to high demand for study rooms, reservations for the day may be forfeited if keys are not checked out within 30 minutes after the reservation block starting time.
Please cancel unneeded reservations.
- Patrons should present a printed or electronic copy of the room reservation when checking out the key to the study room.
- Do not leave personal belongings unattended. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items. After 15 minutes, belongings will be sent to Security.
- Patrons must be present in the study room with no absence exceeding 15 minutes. Absences over 15 minutes may lead to forfeiture of the reservation.
- Patrons are required to return study room keys on time. Failure to do so may result in temporary suspension of study room privileges. If patrons do not return the key to the study room, a lost charge of $25 will apply.
- Study rooms will be left in the same or better condition than they were found. Food is allowed as long as it is not a disturbance to others, and all food waste must be disposed of outside the room.
- Study rooms must be vacated 5 minutes before the closing of the library.
- a second attempt to use multiple email addresses by an individual to reserve rooms
- three instances of failing to return study room keys in a timely manner
- three instances of un-used room reservations without notice to cancel reservations