The Reciprocal Library Borrowing Program (VTC Borrowing Card) applies to students, faculty, and staff of the participating consortium institutions.
- The home library determines who is eligible for reciprocal borrowing privileges and issues a consortium borrower's card valid for the current semester.
- The borrower must show a valid consortium borrower's card at the lending library.
- The lending library determines whether borrowing privileges will be extended or denied.
- Library privileges are determined by the policies of the lending library, and vary from library to library.
- To request specific information, call the lending library first, and identify yourself as a consortium borrower.
WHERE TO START @ TCC:
- Visit the Circulation Desk at any TCC Campus Library to obtain a VTC Borrower's Card.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A VTC CARD:
- Must be currently enrolled as a student or faculty member at a participating college in the Virginia Tidewater Consortium.
- Must be in good standing with the library of the home institution. Name must not appear on the list of VTC delinquent borrowers.
- VTC Borrower’s Cards are good for one semester
IDENTIFICATION REQUIRED AT VTC INSTITUTION:
- Must present a valid VTC Borrower's Card (obtained from your home institution) as well as a current college I.D., a driver's license, or photo I.D.
CHECKOUT PERIOD AND NUMBER OF ITEMS:
- Library privileges are determined by the policies of the lending library, and vary from library to library. (July 2016)
- VTC borrowers must pay fines for overdue books and replacement costs for lost books.
- Circulation privileges will be blocked for overdue books and unpaid fines both at the lending institution and the home institution.
- Failure to comply with the rules and regulations of the lending libraries, including prompt return of materials and/or payment of charges, will result in sanctions by both the home and lending institutions. In addition, consortium borrowing privileges at all member libraries will be suspended.